NEW YORK (1010 WINS/WCBS 880) -- Bed Bath & Beyond will close more than a dozen of its stores in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut as it teeters on the brink of bankruptcy.
The closings include eight stores in New York—five of them in the city or on Long Island—as well as six stores in New Jersey and four in Connecticut. See the full list below.
A spokesperson for the home goods chain told CNN that it is “implementing actions to manage our business as efficiently as possible.”
“This store fleet reduction expands the company's ongoing closure program,” they said.
The Tri-State stores are among 87 locations that are now closing nationwide. The stores are in addition to 150 closings announced last summer .
Last week, Bed Bath & Beyond revealed it's in default on its loans and doesn't have sufficient funds to repay what it owes. Earlier in January the company warned that it was considering options that include filing for bankruptcy.
• 850 Third Ave. in Brooklyn
• 459 Gateway Dr. in Brooklyn
• 72-15 25th Ave. in Queens
• 5131 Sunrise Hwy. in Bohemia
• 1490 Union Tpke. in New Hyde Park
• 251 East Main St. in Elmsford
HUDSON VALLEY & UPSTATE
• 2020 South Rd. in Poughkeepsie
• 3064 Route 50 in Saratoga Springs
• 155 Promenade Blvd. in Bridgewater
• 276 Route 202/31 in Flemington
• 1160 Route 23 North in Kinnelon
• 1121 Highway 34 in Matawan
• 190 Hamilton Commons in Mays Landing
• 8 Centerton Rd. in Mt. Laurel
• 20 Hazard Ave. in Enfield
• 2260 Kings Hwy. in Fairfield
• 835 Queen St. in Southington
• 1065 Silas Deane Hwy. in Weathersfield
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Comments / 0